- How far does the PBT series transmit data?
Based on Bluetooth wireless Class I specifications, the Class 1 device can transmit data up to 100m (300 feet) in the line of sight. But, the actual distance will vary depending on the application environment.
- I have difficulties with the initial pairing process. What should I do?
To start with, make sure that there is only one possible access point. Otherwise, your target access point may be the second device identified by our PBT series. When the PIN request is displayed, please make sure that you enter the right PIN within 20 seconds.
- Having being successfully paired and communicating perfectly for some time, the link has been lost and the device is pairing with other devices nearby. What should I do?
If the paired access point becomes unavailable (for example, it is out of power or out of range), our PBT series will start looking for another access point to pair with. So, it is important to make sure the paired access point is always available before taking a measurement.
- The UA-767PBT and my PC with the A&D BTTest program are currently communicating well. However, they sometimes fail to connect correctly. What could the problem be?
Please check the following: 1. The PC Bluetooth radio is enabled. 2. You have the right communication protocol (COM port and its baud rate format) matched with the PC Bluetooth radio. 3. Most importantly, the A&D BTTest needs to be in "connect" status.
- The UA-767PBT and my PC with the A&D BTTest program are currently communicating well. However, they do not communicate properly after moving the UA-767PBT out of Bluetooth range and then back into range. What should I do?
Take one more measurement and after an inquiry process, your PC will be automatically identified by the UA-767PBT. All measurements stored in the UA-767PBT while you were out of range will be automatically uploaded to your PC. There is a 5 to 7 second interval between each measurement upload.
- How many measurements can I take with the UA-767PBT?
You can take an unlimited amount of measurements, but the PBT series can only store up to 40 measurements with time/date information in the memory. The 41st measurement will replace the first measurement.
- Can I use a large size cuff with the UA-767PBT? How about a small size cuff?
Yes, you can use either a large or small cuff with the UA-767PBT. But, you need to adjust the deflation speed if you change to a small cuff. Please remember that it is necessary to perform the adjustment again when you change back to a medium cuff. You do not need any adjustments between medium and large cuffs.
- Can I use a large size cuff with the UA-767PC? How about a small size cuff?
Yes, you can use either a large or small cuff with UA-767PC. But, you need to adjust the deflation speed if you change to small cuff. Please remember that it is necessary to perform the adjustment again when you change back to a medium cuff. You don't need to do any adjustment between medium and large cuffs.
- What is the difference between the UC-321P and the UC-321PL?
The UC-321P has 50g resolution with 150kg capacity and is sold internationally except in the US and Canada. The UC-321PL is sold in the US and Canada. The 321PL has 0.2lb resolution with 450lb capacity (metrics can be converted).
- I would like to write a connecting program for mobile phone, any information?
1. Pretty much any Java phone with MIDP2 and JSR-82 phones and all Blackberries.
2. Most part any SonyEricsson phones would work.
3. Most of the higher end GSM based Motorola phones from AT&T and Tmobile will work.
4. All of the Nokia series 60 and series 90 phones should work plus a good number of the series 40 (just make sure they have JSR82).
Any cellphone has MIDP2 and JSR-82 capability will work well with UA-767PBT / UC-321PBT devices.
- How do we know that the device (sensor) is working properly?
A&D is providing demo software to work on a PC or mobile phone. You can check data communication using our demo software.
- Demo Software for PC
A&D is providing demo software "A&D BTTest" to check data transmission with your PC.
You need to have both a BT dongle on your PC and our software installed in order to begin checking.
- Does A&D provide system integration services?
A&D is a component supplier and therefore establishing a system and/or service should be handled by customers.
- Is it accurate?
Our 767PBT has received numerous validations, such as FDA 510K in the US and the Medical Device Directive in the EU.
Furthermore, the accuracy of our BP monitors has been proven by independent doctors under international protocols. A sister model of the UA-767 Plus was validated by European doctors and received the highest accuracy rating.
- How often is it necessary to recalibrate a BP monitor?
Generally, it is not necessary to recalibrate our BP monitors but in the case of a monitor falling and receiving a shock, the unit should be returned to A&D for recalibration. Also, please check your local recalibration regulations for additional information.
- Can I use a rechargable battery instead of a normal Alkaline battery?
We don't recommend using rechargeable batteries due to the monitor`s power driving capabilities. An alkaline battery is better.
- Can I use a rechargeable battery instead of a normal Alkaline battery?
We recommend using an alkaline battery. The number of measurements is quite limited with a rechargeable battery.